What are the most popular 10 requirements for an Electronic MAR system in a Care Home?
What do most people want, and what do the regulators like to see?
1. A picture of a resident. Simple, but really effective, a picture on the MAR Sheet makes everyone’s life easier – new staff don’t have to shout out ‘which one of you is Eileen’ in the day room, and there’s improved safety here too.
2. The ability to know if a medication hasn’t been given. Peace of mind ranks highly to the people we work with…
3. A quick stock check. How long does your stock check take? And how often do you do this? What else could you be doing with that time?
4. Eliminating human errors. Time. Stress. Retraining. Doubling up on staff… suspending staff. Not a nice list, but Electronic MAR will solve this…
5. Moving with the times. We spoke to a care home this week who use Alexa to entertain their residents. Staff were skeptical at first but the residents love it. Soon paper records will be a thing of the past, its smart to be forward thinking.
6. Email alerts to senior staff. Imagine if you always….