Are you a care home manager who wants to simplify the complex process of medication administration followed in your care home? Do you find it difficult to set accountability when medical errors take place in the care home you work at? If you are facing all these problems, then you are on the right page. There were several care managers like you in the UK who faced similar issues. However, they simplified the process of medication management by switching to eMAR, an electronic MAR sheet medication record system. To know how you can benefit from eMAR, keep on reading.
Here are a few benefits that care homes have reaped by switching to eMAR
- No paperwork: In today’s digital age, it makes little sense to let your care home staff members manually fill the paper-based MAR sheets. When care homes use conventional paper-based MAR sheets, the risk of medication errors is high. Overwriting, illegible handwriting, and wrong abbreviation, etc, can lead to medical errors that can compromise patient safety. By eliminating the paperwork, eMAR will reduce the stress of care staff.
- Easy to learn and use: The electronic MAR sheets resemble the paper-based MAR, making the software quick to learn and easy to use. You can also opt for online training courses for your staff. The software can be easily shared with medical professionals internally and externally. You can also share it with pharmacies for inventory-related issues. It has a friendly interface with multiple users accessing the records at the same time. Not just that, the medication administration record template can even be designed and modified as per type and operations of your care home.
- Better accountability: While paper-based MAR sheets made it nearly impossible to track accurately which staff member made the changes. It is one person’s word against another. This is no longer the case with eMAR. It records all the changes and along with the names of the person who has made the changes. This makes it easy to set accountability among staff members.
- Real-time monitoring: With paper-based MAR you have to be physically present to check the records. However, eMAR medication system allows real-time recording, documenting and viewing without being even present at the care home. Moreover, eMAR sends alerts to care staff. If the medicine is not administered even after the reminders, an alert goes to the care home manager.
- Generate audit reports instantly: Preparing audit reports using paper-based MAR sheets is time-consuming and prone to human errors. However, with eMAR you can prepare extensive daily, weekly, monthly or even annual reports without having to manually go through each and every paper.
Learn how eMAR can improve efficiency at your care home
Just like many other care home managers, you too can take help of eMAR to reduce medication errors and improve operational efficiency at your care home. This highly customisable software is a valuable tool that will help you increase efficiency in your facility. By switching to eMAR you will be adhering to the highest standards of medication administration procedures. Book a demo today.