The eMAR (electronic medication administration record) is used by healthcare professionals to document medication administration. It is a replacement for traditional paper-based MAR charts and provides several advantages, including reduced medication errors, improved patient safety, real-time updates and alerts, and streamlined medication administration process.
As part of the eMAR chart training process, healthcare staff are taught how to use the system to input medication orders, administer medications and record observations or changes. They are also educated on the system’s safety features, such as alerts and reminders, as well as troubleshooting procedures to address any potential issues that may arise.
If you are looking for more information on eMAR chart training for your health care staff, here are some useful insights.
eMAR chart training can be conducted in several ways. Here are a few suggestions:
- Before you begin, define the goals and objectives of your training program. This will help you design a program that is tailored to meet the needs of your staff.
- Create a manual or guide that explains how to use the eMAR system, including step-by-step instructions for common tasks such as entering medication orders and administering medications. Also, create online tutorials or webinars that staff members can access at their own space. This is especially useful for employees who are unable to attend in-person training sessions. There are various formats available for online training, such as webinars, interactive e-learning modules and video tutorials. Choose a mix of formats to meet your staff’s learning needs. Make sure that the training program is accessible to all staff, regardless of their location or device. The online training program should have responsive design that can adjust to different screen sizes and provide closed captions and transcripts.
- The content of your training program should be engaging and interactive to keep your staff interested and motivated. Use real-world scenarios, case studies and examples to make the training more relevant and relatable.
- Familiarising staff members with the eMAR system through hands-on training will help ensure that they are comfortable and proficient when using it. Staff members can learn how to use the system by practising with a trainer, who will guide them and answer their questions.
- Make sure that staff members can turn to a helpdesk or support team if they have questions or issues after the initial training.
- Include assessments to measure the effectiveness of the training program and to identify areas where further training may be needed. This can include quizzes, case studies, and interactive scenarios.
- Provide regular feedback and support to your staff throughout the training. This can include access to an online forum or chat support to address any questions or concerns.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training program after it is completed. Use feedback from staff and assessments to identify areas for improvement and make changes as necessary.
- Keep the training materials up-to-date and provide refresher training as needed. The eMAR system and regulations may change over time, so it’s important to ensure that staff members are trained on the most current version of the system and are aware of any changes in regulations.
Want to streamline medication administration in your care homes?
With eMAR, you can streamline the entire medication administration process, from ordering to documenting and tracking, all in one digital platform. Whether you are looking for eMAR nursing chart or eMAR chart training, we can help you. To know more, book a demo today.